Sunshine Coast Turf Club terms and conditions
WHO CAN ENTER?
• To be eligible to enter for Sunshine Coast Cup day Prizes (competition) you must:
• be over the age of 18; and
• Hold a valid event ticket for Sunshine Coast Turf Club on Saturday 26th January 2019
• Employees of Sunshine Coast Turf Club, their immediate families and any agencies associated with this competition are ineligible to enter.
HOW TO ENTER
• The competition period commences at 5:00PM Monday 31st of December and ends at 2:29 PM Thursday 17th January (competition period), and Sunshine Coast Turf Club reserves the right to extend the competition end date at any time (subject to regulatory approval, if required).
• To enter the competition, you must submit an online entry by providing your ticket details, full name, telephone number, email address, postcode and accept these Terms and Conditions where required on the competition landing page at during the competition period.
• The competition will be advertised on the Sunshine Coast Turf Club website, Sunshine Coast Turf Club Facebook page and will include a link or instructions to the competition landing page.
• No late entries will be accepted.
• A limit of one entry to the competition per person applies.
SELECTION OF WINNERS
• One winner will be chosen by random draw which will take place on Thursday 17th January at 3:00PM at Sunshine Coast Turf Club administration office, 170 Pierce Ave Caloundra QLD 4551, Australia.
• The winner will be notified by email and posted on Facebook on the day of the draw.
• The results of the draw will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the results of the draw. This is a game of chance.
UNCLAIMED PRIZE DRAW
• If the winner does not respond within 2 days of being notified by Sunshine Coast Turf Club that they have won the competition, the winner is not readily identified and reasonable efforts have been made by Sunshine Coast Turf Club to identify that winner were unsuccessful, they will automatically forfeit their prize and Sunshine Coast Turf Club reserves the right to select another winner through a unclaimed prize draw.
PROMOTION AND MARKETING
• By entering the competition, the winners agree to participate in such promotional activity and material as Sunshine Coast Turf Club may require without remuneration.
• The winner also gives consent for the use and publication of their name and any other details provided by the winners in any marketing material without any further reference or payment to the winners.
• The winner will receive one $500 hospitality package for Sunshine Coast Cup Race Day. The prize includes use of function space and $500 catering package.
• The prize will not be transferable to another person.
• No part of a prize is exchangeable or redeemable for cash or any other prize.
• If the prize is not available for any reason, Sunshine Coast Turf Club reserves the right to substitute the prize with another item of equal or greater value if the winners agree in writing and subject to any written directions from any applicable regulatory authority. If the winners do not agree despite reasonable attempts by Sunshine Coast Turf Club to reach an agreement and the prize is not available due to circumstances beyond Sunshine Coast Turf Club control Sunshine Coast Turf Club may substitute the prize with another item or items determined by Sunshine Coast Turf Club to be of equal or higher value.
• Sunshine Coast Turf Club will take reasonable steps to distribute the prize to the winner within 28 days of the draw.
• Please read these competition terms and conditions carefully. If you enter the competition, we will assume that you have read these terms and conditions and that you agree to them.
• Sunshine Coast Turf Club reserves the right to amend the competition and its terms and conditions at any time and for any reason, subject to regulatory approval (if required) and will notify entrants of any such amendments as soon as reasonably practicable on the competition landing page at http://www.sctc.com.au/event/melbourne-cup-day/ It is the entrant’s responsibility to regularly check the competition landing page for any amendments. Any amendments will be applied and interpreted at the sole discretion of Sunshine Coast Turf Club.
• If the competition is not capable of running as planned including by reason of technical failure, fraud or any cause beyond Sunshine Coast Turf Club control, Sunshine Coast Turf Club may cancel or suspend the competition or invalidate any affected entries, to the extent permitted by law.
• Sunshine Coast Turf Club does not accept responsibility for any entries that are delayed or which are not received for any reason during the competition period.
• To the extent permitted by law, Sunshine Coast Turf Club shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered in connection with the conduct of the competition or the redemption or use of the prize (including but not limited to direct loss) including:
• technical or telecommunications problems (such as security breaches, technical website malfunctions or glitches); or
• acts or omissions (including negligent acts of omissions) of Sunshine Coast Turf Club servants or agents involved in the conduct of this competition who are acting outside their authority as agent of Sunshine Coast Turf Club.
• Sunshine Coast Turf Club collects personal information in order to conduct the competition and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to subsidiary and related companies, third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, and any company with whom we are running the competition.
• By participating in this competition, entrants release and hold harmless Facebook from any and all liability associated with this competition, to the extent permitted by law (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent permitted by law).
• Sunshine Coast Turf Club and entrants acknowledge that this competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
• Entrants acknowledge that they are providing information to Sunshine Coast Turf Club and not to Facebook.
• Sunshine Coast Turf Club is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings, including fringe benefits tax. Independent financial advice should be sought.
• The laws of Victoria apply to this competition. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the laws of Victoria.
• This competition is being run by Sunshine Coast Turf Club Inc, 170 Pierce Ave, Caloundra QLD 4551. ABN: 22 950 178 141.
• To contact Sunshine Coast Turf Club, please call 07 5491 6788 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.