1. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The type of personal information we collect from you will depend upon what dealings you have with us. In most cases, this information will only relate to your personal information. Personal information is generally defined as information that can identify a person (eg. name, email, address, etc.). We may collect information in the following ways:
- Membership Applications;
- Raceday Bookings and enquiries;
- Online Ticketing;
- Website and Social Media;
- Functions & Events;
- Recruitment and Employment Details;
- Research and Feedback Forms
2. USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Sunshine Coast Turf Club use or disclose personal information for the purpose for which the information was collected and in the ordinary operation of the club.
The Sunshine Coast Turf Club will not disclose personal information concerning you to outside parties other than for a purpose made known to you unless:
- The disclosure is required by law;
- You have consented to our disclosing the information about you;
- There are reasonable grounds to believe that disclosure is necessary to prevent a serious threat to a person’s health or safety.
- The Sunshine Coast Turf Club has reason to suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and disclosure is necessary as part of the investigation of the matter or reporting concerns.
Please note that the information provided by you may be disclosed to third party service providers (such as mail houses) who provide administrative services to us in connection with the operation of our business and who are under duties to the Sunshine Coast Turf Club to keep such information confidential and secure.
3. ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you by writing to the club. We may require personal identification before providing you with details. If you find that personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact the club and, where appropriate, your record will be changed.
4. SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Sunshine Coast Turf Club will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorised use, disclosure and access. Your personal information will be recorded, amended and used only by authorised persons. Sunshine Coast Turf Club employees are required to maintain the confidentiality of any personal information held.
The Sunshine Coast Turf Club operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection. Sunshine Coast Turf Club takes all reasonable steps to ensure that your information is secure on our systems.
5. SHARING INFORMATION WITH OTHER ORGANISATIONS
We do not, and never will, sell your personal information to other companies.
The only circumstances in which external organisations may be given access to your personal information is when our contractors, business advisers such as lawyers and accountants and service providers are helping us operate our business or provide a service to you (for example, a company which helps maintain our computer systems).
6. SUNSHINE COAST TURF CLUB LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The Sunshine Coast Turf Club may make changes to this Privacy Statement from time to time for any reason. We will publish those changes on our web site. This Privacy Statement was last amended on 25 September 2018.
9. PHOTOGRAPHY AND FILMING ON PREMISES
The Sunshine Coast Turf Club commission photographers to attend events to capture images reflective of the activities and the general environment of our events. Through attendance at our events you consent to the use of any photographs or videos taken to be used for promotional purposes including posting on our website and social media accounts.
Should you wish any images of yourself not to be used by the Sunshine Coast Turf Club in any promotional, advertising or publicity please contact the Sunshine Coast Turf Club to arrange removal of these images.
10. INTERNET ACCESS
When accessing the Sunshine Coast Turf Club website or social media accounts, our internet provider may make records of your visit and log the following information:-
- your IP address;
- your top level domain name;
- the date and time of your visit to our website;
- the pages you accessed and documents downloaded;
- the previous site you visited; or
- the type of browser you are using.
If you would like further information regarding this Privacy Statement or if you think we have breached any aspect of the Privacy Statement, please contact us at: email@example.com
Sunshine Coast Turf Club, PO Box 302, Caloundra QLD 4551.
Additional Information Privacy
Additional information about privacy requirements can be viewed on the following websites:
Australian Federal Privacy Commission http://www.privacy.gov.au